Roxtec Inc. (www.roxtec.com) is the world’s largest manufacturer of module based cable and pipe seals. A market leader in creativity and design, Roxtec manufactures complete sealing solutions for cable and pipe penetrations, which raise the quality, safety and flexibility in working environments. Founded in 1990, Roxtec has become one of the most rapidly growing companies of its kind, averaging 30% annual growth over the past 10 years. We are currently seeking an Applications Engineer who will plan, develop, coordinate, and implement test procedures to secure new product certifications/approvals from appropriate certifying organizations. Roxtec Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roxtec International AB located in Sweden.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead in development and implementation of procedures for testing and certification for ROXTEC products.
- Serve as liaison to testing facilities and certifying organizations.
- Schedule and witness tests of ROXTEC products by appropriate testing facilities.
- Create and maintain product certification/approval documentation.
- Monitor all standards for modifications, addendums and updates that may impact certifications/approvals for ROXTEC products.
- Participate in analyzing product deficiencies and production problems and initiating corrective Engineering Change Requests (ECRs[RC1] ).
- Execute Engineering Change Notices (ECNs[RC2] ) as necessary.
- Provide drafting and design support as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to Customer Service and sales personnel as necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline Preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of managing projects from start to finish.
- Must have an aptitude for detail, accuracy, and excellent time management/organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret codes, standards, regulations, and test data.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of an organization.
- Must be skilled in the Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to collaborate with direct team and colleagues in other regions.
- Proficiency in Autodesk software preferred.
- Have a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Must understand basic drafting and be familiar with ANSI and ASME standards.
- Must be skilled in product documentation management.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time, domestically and internationally.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs routinely.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and balance as necessary for product installations and offsite inspections.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VET OR DISABLED STATUS