What is personal data?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living natural person; an identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Categories of personal data we collect
The personal information we collect is data that you actively provide us with in our business relationship. The types of data could be:
- E-mail address
- Phone number(s)
- Information about business interactions
Occasions when data is collected could be when ordering products and services from Roxtec, signing up for our newsletters and events, looking for vacant positions or submitting spontaneous applications.
Personal data is only collected for a specific purpose and kept to a minimum to be able to perform the purpose, which is also known as data minimization.
Purpose with processing of personal data
The information we collect from you can be used for any of the following purposes.
Improve our customer service
Your information helps us provide you with more efficient customer service and support.
Improve our communication
The e-mail address, address and phone number(s) you provide can be used to provide you with information and updates about company news, product news, updates, information about other similar products and services, Roxtec's events and newsletters etc. or to conduct marketing surveys.
If you have enabled cookies in your browser, your cookie information can be combined with data you've provided on our site to improve the customer communication. We may use information you have provided us with explicitly or through interactions in our communication channels to tailor information to your specific interests and to be relevant in our communication with you.
Necessary personal data in order to enter into a contract or to comply with legal obligations
In order for Roxtec to be able to provide you with the relevant service or product, or take other measures that you request during the contract period, you will have to provide the personal data that Roxtec requests. Such personal data is necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with Roxtec.
Roxtec may also process personal data in order to fulfil legal obligations such as accounting and tax purposes.
Roxtec may also process your personal data for the purpose of establishing, exercising and defending legal claims in the unlikely event of a dispute.
Recipients of the personal data
We have agreements with third party service providers to help us get a better view of the site visitors. These service providers are not allowed to use the information they collect on our behalf for anything other than helping us operate and improve our business.
We will only save your personal data for as long as it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations and as long as required by statutory storage time. When we save your personal data for purposes other than our contractual commitments, such as our legitimate interest when you sign up to our events or receive newsletter via email we save the data only as long as necessary and / or statutory for the purpose.
Personal data will be deleted or anonymized when purpose no longer exists or legal obligation of storing the personal data ceases.
The retention time for personal data is set in accordance with the purpose and legal obligation for each processing.
Your personal rights and how to exercise them
- You have the right to request information about what personal data we process, or we have access to about you (subject access request). In order to ensure that nobody else is allowed access to your personal data, you will be required to identify yourself when requesting such access.
- In some cases, you have the right to request that your personal data are erased when they are no longer necessary for the purposes which they were collected. We will erase personal data about you when the data are no longer needed but may store your personal data if required by law.
- Roxtec is obliged to only process correct and up-to-date personal data about you. If your personal data are incorrect, you have the right to request rectification or completion of such data. You also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, e.g. while assessing our legitimate interests.
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
- You also have the right to receive personal data that you have provided to us and which we process electronically, through an electronic copy. You also have the right to request that the electronic copy shall be transferred to another data controller, if this is technically possible.
To submit any request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to submit eventual complains about processing of your personal data or report an infringement of the GDPR to your national supervisory authority.
Transfer to third country
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about data protection or would like to exercise any of your rights.
Last updated 2019-07-03.
Cookies used by Roxtec
The cookies we use typically enhance our services towards you. The Roxtec website uses both session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are stored in the computer's memory only during a user's browsing session and are automatically deleted from the user's computer when the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies are stored on the user's computer and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies can retain user preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions.
Cookies from a third party
Third-party cookies are cookies set by a third-party site. Like most other websites, Roxtec uses third-party cookies to automatically collect statistical data in an aggregated form. We use the data collected by third-party cookies to understand how our site is being used, to be able to make it more user-friendly.
See the help-section in your browser for further instructions. If you choose not to accept cookies, the website can still be used but with limited functionality.
Please be aware that some services we offer will not work if you block or delete cookies.
Latest update 2019-07-03.