An overview of sealing cable entry points and cable ducts in substations, looking at the impact of water ingress and continuous water pressure on substation performance and the implications of failure and costs.
By attending this seminar you will gain a greater understanding of:
- The benefits of adequate sealing in cable trenches.
- The design requirements for switchgear operation, manufacturers' recommendations and control measures.
- The importance of civil structural considerations when designing and building a substation.
- Ensuring the design and installation of substation seals meet the requirement of the client through clear design and specification.
- Sealing earth tapes and trefoil single core cables.
Additional course information
This seminar can take place at your office.
Who should attend?
Electrical and civil engineers involved in the design, build or installation of substations. Managers responsible for Asset Management and Maintenance, Quality, Safety and Environmental.
More CPD courses
Cable and pipe sealing in laboratories and pharmaceutical facilities
Sealing cables and pipes in refining and petrochemical facilities