Lillgrund in Sweden is one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world. It generates green energy to 60,000 households.
Standard sealing solution
Roxtec cable transits provide a standardized way of dealing with challenges like vibrations and protection against smoke or fire.
Roxtec transits are used to protect equipment and to reduce vibration in order to extend the lifetime of the cables.
In the offshore substation, Roxtec is used throughout the entire structure for water-tightness and fire protection.
Why use Roxtec?
- Mechanical seal for several types of first rate protection
- Standardization of solutions and between suppliers
- Simplified logistics and short delivery time (within 24h)
- Flexibility for cables and pipes of different sizes
- Vibration damping for extended cable life
- Ease of installation and local support
Manufacturing and operational maintenance of offshore wind farm
Designer/manufacturer of wind turbines
Siemens Power Generation Wind Power, Denmark
Manufacturers/electrical installations of offshore substation
Bladt Industries A/S and Semco Maritime, Denmark
Roxtec seals are is used in several different cable transit applications for various requirements and purposes
Water-tightness, fire and smoke barrier, IP rated protection for cabinets, vibration damping and cable retention and fixing
These sealing solutions were used in the project: